Wednesday 7 March 2007

nappies

One of this week’s exciting events was the arrival of the cloth nappies I’d ordered (from BabyKind – see link in my Favourite Websites). A very kind person from my BabyCentre Parents in France board had sent me some different kinds of cloth nappies to try out, to see what suited Simon. So I was able to order with confidence! Cloth nappies mostly have the same kinds of names – I bought some Bumbles, some Tots Bots, a Fluffle, a Huggle, a Swaddlebees’ Organic, a Bamboozle and some Motherease One-Size (spot the odd one out there at the end!). And of course the wraps to go with them, plus some “washable wipes” to replace throwaway wipes. Simon seems to react badly to Pampers wipes, even the so-called Sensitive ones, whereas these washable wipes come with special soap – yet to be tried – which should be better for him. I also bought some nappi nippas, a very clever little invention that replaces nappy pins and is so much easier to use!

I had to wash them all twice before using them, but yesterday we were able to start using them! I’m so happy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the lure of the world of nappies...I've seen many a mother sucked in - different colours, different patters, different websites, websites with mummies comparing and contrasting...it's a dangerous world out there!

lish said...

I know - they say that cloth nappies work out cheaper than disposables in the end, but I could see myself spending just as much because of wanting to try new sizes, new models, new materials... well, at least everyone knows what they can get me for my next birthday! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Hils. I can't believe you have dedicated a page on nappies....!! It is such a big world out there - wonder what it will be like when it is my turn!!