Thursday 8 March 2007

in the post

We've done it! Our applications have finally gone off to All Nations Christian College (see my Favourite Links). For those who don't know, Marc (see my Favourite Links, haha!) and I are planning to spend a year at ANCC from September 2007 before moving out to Bénin to serve as missionaries with SIM (Serving in Mission - see ... yes you've guessed, my FLs ...). The idea is that I will work in Bible translation and other work in which I can use my linguistic skills, and Marc will work with the church - probably discipleship or leadership training - or in a teaching role. I would say that ANCC is the first step, but actually I think it is just another step, since looking back I think we both feel God has been preparing us for this for a long time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hils,
Just to let you know that your blog is now saved in ... you guessed it... my FL's. I shall be checking it frequently so hope to see something new every now and again. I check another friend in Thailand and he's just had a massive gap of about five weeks from posting something, hey ho!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe how many things God has led you to do since you left York. You're something of an inspiration to me! Your little boy looks so cute. Just wanted to know one thing - how many Quoi de neuf jokes do you get?

Jo said...

Wow. Just amazing. Well done for answering the call. You go, girl! Never been called. Gifts lie elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

I'm super excited for you and your little family! You will be an amazing missionary, as you already have been. I'm so glad to be able to keep up with you through the blog, and now facebook too! Technology does have its bright side. I've been in New Orleans on a mission trip all week, or I would have commented sooner. Anyway, glad you're well and enjoying Simon. Salut!