Saturday 3 March 2007

contradictions

I have a very contradictory baby. Nearly everything I say about him he will immediately contradict! This morning, after he’d been sleeping on me contentedly for an hour, I said to Marc, “I think he sleeps better on me than in his cot” … at which he woke up and started crying inconsolably!

This is him and me before he woke up:


Typically, he is dressed and I haven’t got round to that yet!

Marc has put a photo of him on his playmat in his blog, but I wanted to put one here too.


I had never been very convinced that these mats actually helped the baby to learn, but as soon as he was put on it yesterday he started looking at the dangling toys and reaching for them. Once he realised he could make them move, he got very excited! I hadn't thought he'd even worked out that his hands belonged to him yet!

It’s tiring work learning to be a real little person…


No comments: