Tuesday 15 May 2007

decorating plans

Well, the landlord and the painter came round, with a girl who works for the landlord, and I won’t go into too much detail or I’ll get annoyed again! The landlord totally didn’t get that it was a problem for me with a baby to have the painter in and lose a room at a time (not to mention the noise/dust/paint smells) and it took me crying to get him to ease up a little. As I said to my mum, it wouldn’t be true to say I cried on purpose, but I certainly didn’t try to stop myself! He eventually agreed to wait until the beginning of June, at which point Simon and I can go and spend 10 days with Marc’s parents while the worst of it is being done. This also gives me time to get the rooms tidied and everything out on surfaces packed away.

People like him just annoy me. Ok, I don’t like outright hostility either, but the attitude “I’m doing you a favour here” from someone who is making life difficult for me really rubs me up the wrong way!

No comments: