Friday 27 April 2007

water baby

Simon had his first experience of the swimming pool this morning! We went to the round pool at Nancy Thermal, which is warmer than the other pools and full of old people. According to the rules, even babies have to wear swimming caps, but when I was asking about it the other day I’d been assured that I could borrow one for Simon. However, they didn’t mention that it would be an adult one! I tied a sort of knot at the side, but it did look rather odd! He still charmed the old ladies, even with his funny hat and lack of smiles.

In fact, he alternated between being freaked out and crying – but because of the noise not the water – and looking round him attentively while splashing his hands in the water. For a baby who really doesn’t like a lot of noise, he did really well. We only stayed in for about ten minutes, then he was getting cold – the old ladies told me it was colder than usual today – and so we went under the shower (another first!). He was ready to dislike the shower, but then realised how warm it was and just looked perplexed.

So overall it was fun, and I think we’ll try to go fairly regularly. I’d like him to be as happy in the water as I am!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is really great to hear about all your adventures. Keep up the news.

Gill

Anonymous said...

I did think you should have put a picture on for us to see, but then I'm sure Simon wouldn't appreciate it when he is in his teens!