Monday 16 April 2007

delight

I heard Simon laugh for the first time last night! It may of course not have been the first time he'd laughed, but I'd certainly never heard it before. I was changing his vest as he'd got damp in the hot car, and I used a washable wipe to gently clean him with some water and then dap him dry. Perhaps the dabbing tickled him, because suddenly a gurgling giggle broke forth. I got all excited and said, "You laughed! You laughed!" ... which apparently wasn't very funny as he didn't grace me with another peal. I can understand why parents spend hours trying to make their little kids laugh - what a magic sound!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-) I'm sure it was magic. There's nothing like baby laughs. The little girl I babysit is 11 months old now and loves to laugh, so I make sure to tickle her every chance I get! I hope Simon develops quite a funny bone so you can enjoy lots of laughs!