Thursday 5 April 2007

looking better!

After nearly 24 hours of being convinced we wouldn’t make it to the UK, I had a call from someone on an Internet forum board that I belong to. (And I have to say that it is a great board – one person on it lent me cloth nappies to try out, and then this woman rang me today about the ID card situation.) She just wanted me to know that her husband had managed to travel when he forgot his ID card a month ago, and so she thought we should contact the border police to check things out. So Marc rang the French border control, and they said that as long as we have our passports and Simon’s birth certificate, they’re happy. Just to make sure, I got the local town hall here to give us a letter saying that we have applied for the ID card. They did say to contact the British border control as well, and I'm trying to find the number for them!

So it looks as if we are off to England after all! I won’t be rejoicing until we’ve actually got through Passport Control, but it’s looking more hopeful!

No comments: