Monday 23 April 2007

St George, Sarko and Ségo...

Happy St George's Day!
Despite it being England's National Holiday, I felt I should say something about France's Presidential Elections yesterday. But I'm no expert, so I haven't exactly got much to say! For those who don't know, in two weeks time there will be another election, this time between the top two candidates from yesterday's election, Nicolas Sarkozy and Ségolène Royal.
So what has Nicolas Sarkozy got going for him? Well, he did come to the 2004 FEF (Fédération des Evangéliques de France) AGM and gave a good speech. And shook my hand (my claim to fame!). But he does say some scary things.
Ségolène Royal is a woman. And won't let anyone forget that. And if anyone says anything against her, she says it's just because she's a woman. Hmm. In the small excerpt of her speech I heard yesterday evening, she just attacked Sarkozy, which didn't seem particularly constructive.
So it's probably a good thing I can't vote and don't have to choose between them.
And something tells me I won't be getting any calls asking me to take a job as a political commentator!

No comments: