Saturday 29 September 2007

some news!

I don’t know where to start telling you about our new life here at All Nations! I was a bit afraid that after all those months as a Stay-At-Home-Mum I was going to find it hard to get back into the swing of things … but I’m realising that actually I was very busy as a SAHM … so it’s just a case of adjusting to doing different things. I need to find the balance between my study, my “wife-and-motherly duties” ;o) and getting a bit of rest in there too. But I’m not too worried about that, and I love being here. The people are great, the classes are very interesting, and the library is full of books I want to read!

Our flat here is lovely, just the right size for us and looking very homey now. It’s on the edge of the woods, which is something I appreciate – great for afternoon walks!

Simon is getting on well with his mornings in crèche. He’s fine about being left and has taken a shine to Victoria, his key worker (about the only person besides us who he will stretch his arms out to!). He’s only just starting to get the hang of sleeping there though, so has a looong sleep in the afternoon – perfect for parents who have reading to do and assignments to write!

Tomorrow we’ll be visiting our Church Placement church for the first time. We met the vicar on Thursday and got on very well with him.

No comments: