Monday 23 May 2011

presently past


Our last few church visits have included trips down memory lane for me! First we visited the Parish of Yeovil – the churches of St John's and St Andrew's – where my dad was Rector when I was a teenager. We then went on (after a couple of relaxing days in Westbury) to Bath, where Dad was vicar when I was a child. I still know people in both places, and had often been back to Yeovil, but being back in St Luke's for the first time in 18 years was quite an emotional moment for me!

In all three churches we were warmly welcomed, and there was a sense of thankfulness for past times spent together, but also real interest in what we are doing now. We feel very blessed to be supported by these churches, as by all the churches we have links with, and we see it as being very important to visit them and talk face-to-face with people. And the added bonus of having a personal link means that we already feel like family!

A few comments from others:

“Your husband's preaching was wonderful – I think we'll keep him here! And your boys are so gorgeous I could just gobble them up!” (So apparently I may be the only one returning to Benin!)

“I know I shouldn't say it, but when you stood up at the front you looked just like your mum!” (That's ok, I think my mum's great!)

The churches:

St Andrew's, Yeovil


St John's, Yeovil

St Luke's, Bath


It's tiring work, all this travelling!


And an extra big THANK-YOU to all those who have hosted us, whether in France or the UK! You have been so kind to us. (We're not leaving yet, but most of our travelling is behind us...)

1 comment:

N.D said...

Nous aussi , nous vous disons merci pour le temps passé avec nous ! C'était vraiment très bien ! C'était un privilège de vous avoir tous les quatre !!!!