Saturday 9 May 2009

visa visa visa visa

Yesterday we drove down to London and got our visas. Fortunately the Benin Consulate is at the end of the M1, so it only took about an hour to get there. It is an office the size of a shoebox, but very efficient. We could have paid less for our visas at the Benin Embassy in Paris, but it would have taken 72 hours instead of 45 minutes! Marc just made a slight mistake filling in Simon's application form, as he accidentally wrote that Simon was married with two children :o) The consul noticed this and suggested it probably wasn't the case!

Another thing crossed off our to-do list! At the moment I feel that we have enough time to do everything left. I also feel that I am moving into "transition mode", starting to realise that we really are going to be leaving, and very soon. I'm trying hard not to get hung up on all the "lasts" ... but still had tears in my eyes when I realised that we were at our parent-and-toddler group for the second-to-last time yesterday morning. Oh dear! Hopefully I will manage not to be a complete emotional wreck our last week here!!

Mind you, it doesn't help that I'm still suffering from sleep deprivation. Benjy had got down to one feed per night, then had a bad cough and went back to 2 or 3. Now he seems to have got used to being back on several feeds a night, and I am feeling the consequences! Prayer for better sleep for him both at night and during the day (when he finds it very hard to drop off) would be appreciated! Thanks!

No comments: