Friday 12 December 2008

latest

Life goes on, and we are feeling pretty settled in Bedford now. Marc hasn't found work yet, but did have an interview at a recruitment agency on Monday and they said they might be able to find him some administrative work, though it will be a day or two here and there rather than anything very longterm. I was glad he wasn't working last week though, as Simon and I came down with the dreaded "winter vomiting" bug, and it was wonderful for me to be able to sleep all day and leave Simon in Marc and Mum's capable hands!

This week we have gone back to our usual activities before extra things start happening next week for Simon's birthday and Christmas. Marc and I also had an antenatal "refresher course". I had seen that the NCT ran these, and thought it might be interesting to get some English antenatal training, having had the French version last time. We couldn't make the course that was running in the evenings, so we were offered a 1:1 (in reality 1:2!) course with an NCT counsellor who came to visit us at home. She came for an hour on Tuesday morning and an hour on Thursday morning, and the good thing about it was that we were able to talk about what we needed to know and leave out bits that we were less interested in (breastfeeding, for example, which I already know a lot about!). We particularly appreciated her showing us some relaxation techniques, like different kinds of massage Marc can give me during labour - I'm looking forward to that bit!

The hospital is open for tours again, but they aren't running any of their own until after Christmas. But our counsellor, Laura, is running one on Tuesday evening, and invited us to come along on that. So it looks as if we will get our visit after all, and led by someone we already know and like!

I would welcome prayer that my back would remain strong - it is blessedly well at the moment! - and also that as the baby's head engages this wouldn't cause any problems. Last time I had a trapped nerve in my thigh for the last week of pregnancy and I couldn't walk without a lot of pain, which made an active labour impossible. Thanks!

No comments: