Monday 21 January 2008

second first steps

It’s all in the title! We’ve been quite sure for a while that Simon is capable of walking, but just doesn’t choose to. Earlier this evening, he was standing against a stool a couple of feet away from me and I said, “Come to Mummy, Simon!” He pushed off and took a few steps, finishing against my knees. My cries of congratulations were abruptly cut off by his teeth sinking into my knee – still a few things to learn about acceptable social interaction, then!

He is very happy to have his Thomas the Tank Engine Push-Along toy back. We didn’t have room in the car to bring it back from Bedford after Christmas, but thanks to Auntie Ali Thomas made it down on Saturday. We also had a fun afternoon with Auntie Ali, playing with Thomas in the college dining hall and looking at photos of Simon’s cousin Andrew (and his parents!).

No comments: