Saturday 14 July 2007

slipping forward out of the old routine

It’s weird doing things that are part of my weekly routine, and realising how few weeks there are left here! For example, yesterday Simon and I did our usual Friday walk up to the market to buy our fruit and veg, then to the DVD shop to get a film out for Marc and my Friday evening together. The market stallholders joked around with me as usual, this time asking whether Marc had told me about Simon screaming the place down last week (as it had been him who did the market-dvd run for once). The older woman actually got Simon’s name right, instead of saying “Louis? … Vincent?” as she has done in the past. At the moment, this is the kind of thing that gets me sad about leaving. The real friendships I have here will last, but routines and friendly relationships with shopkeepers take a long time to build up, and they will really be gone.

On a practical note, the boxes continue to fill up, about half our furniture is answered for (and a charitable organisation will come and take the rest of it away if necessary) and I’m not feeling stressed about the actual move (yet?!).

No comments: