Sunday 5 January 2014

a few of my favourite things (1)

I have decided to write some posts about my favourite things. Not that I am, I hope, too attached to objects, but there are a few things that make life easier or more beautiful. The first I love for its usefulness:


This vegetable peeler has been with me for nearly 14 years now, and I can honestly say that in all that time I have never found a better one! In fact sometimes on holiday I have wished I had it with me. Bought at Lakeland, made in Switzerland, and a joy to use!

We nearly had a tragedy last week, though. I was looking for the peeler and couldn't find it. Marc was sure he remembered washing and drying it the evening before, so we started looking through all the drawers and cupboards. No luck. So I suggested looking in unlikely places, and opened the compost bucket. There it was, nestled in a pile of sweet potato peelings! "Oh, I must have been remembering washing it the day before yesterday..." was Marc's comment. Thank goodness we didn't throw the compost onto the compost heap before needing the peeler again!

2 comments:

N.D said...

andJ'ai toujours eu ces petits appareils et ma maman en avait aussi!

Eluned said...

We have a swiss peeler given to us by a Swiss short termer and it's definitely the best peeler ever. What do they do that the rest of the world doesn't? Glad you found yours again!