Monday 20 May 2013

behind the scenes help

My last post was about the translation team, and I also mentioned Marc's support. I also want to say how thankful we are for the ladies who help us with the housework.

This is Hélène, our pastor's wife, who comes every weekday morning to look after the house and the compound, and who is absolutely wonderful with our kids (seen here with Benjy in 2010, and also with our 2010 Christmas guinea fowl):



And here is Sahada (also back in 2010 and unfortunately a bit far behind Benjy!) who comes twice a week to get through a mountain of washing for us!



We also rely on Jeannette, who has a small catering business in the village, and who sends up our lunch every weekday. It is great for me to come home from work and to find the meal ready and waiting!


Without the help of these three women, it wouldn't be possible for both Marc and I to work, and we are very grateful for their hard work and good humour.

No comments: