Sunday 14 April 2013

vicki's visit

My friend Vicki and I met first at sixth form college, and then ended up together at Derwent College in York University. We were in the Christian Union together. We were facebook friends but not in touch very often when last year I saw I'd been "mentioned" in a facebook post. Vicki was looking for anyone with contacts in schools in francophone Africa, and another mutual friend had suggested she try me.

To cut a long story short, Vicki is now in Benin for three months working to support and train primary school teachers. She is based in Parakou, but we saw each other (for the first time in about fifteen years!) at Day of Prayer at the beginning of March, and then she came up to visit for a long weekend last weekend.

It was such fun to catch up with her and share lots of bits of the last fifteen years!! Here is a link to her blog - interesting to get the perspective of someone new to Benin! And here is a photo of Vicki and me:


A photo she took of me and Marc:


And a photo she took of me and the kids outside our church:


So ... does anyone else out there have skills they would like to use to help here in Benin?

No comments: