Saturday 22 August 2009

Driving test (1)

As suggested by a friend, here is a sample of some of the possible multiple choice questions from the Beninese Highway Code theory test I'll be taking next week (my translation from the French):

Q.220 At night, to avoid being dazzled:

a. I fix my eyes on the right-hand side of the road
b. I close my eyes for a brief instant
c. I wear dark glasses

Q.310 What is the emergency stop?

a. Coming to an abrupt halt
b. Stopping to put down a passenger
c. A bus stop

Q.315 The pavement is the part of the road reserved for...

a. Street sellers
b. Pedestrians
c. Overtaking when the road is blocked by a traffic jam

Q.344 In a passenger vehicle, one may carry

a. Passengers
b. Passengers and goods
c. Passengers and animals

Q.345 In a car with passengers aboard, I should

a. Smoke
b. Chat
c. Concentrate on my driving

Q.576 The fire extinguisher may be used to

a. Put out a fire in the vehicle
b. Give first aid to an injured person
c. Cool the engine

Admittedly, these are overall rather unrepresentative of the 600 questions, but I will be praying that I get more of these questions than the ones about the functioning of the pistons and spark plugs, or the blurry pictures of crossroads asking me who has priority over whom.

The theory test is Tuesday at 6.30am(!) and the driving part Wednesday at the same time … unless we're told on Tuesday morning that it's actually Tuesday afternoon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will be thinking of you as my alarm goes off at 6.45am - or earlier if Pebbles wakes me!