Saturday 10 January 2009

the waiting game?

Although this baby isn't due until Thursday of next week, people are already starting to ask me if I've felt any twinges and saying they hope I won't have to wait too long. I am a bit impatient to see him or her after nearly nine months of pregnancy, and it is a bit weird to know that labour could kick off at any moment, but I'm not in any hurry.

For a start, I'm sleeping well at the moment, and very much enjoying it, knowing that soon sleep will be in short supply! And I'm enjoying time spent with Simon, playing with Duplo or looking at books.

Another consideration is that Simon's birthday is so close to Christmas. This year, with having his first party, I realised that it was a lot to think about birthday and Christmas at the same time. So the further this baby's birthday can be from Christmas, the better! We'll have time to get over Christmas before having to concentrate on organising another birthday party and so on.

I'm also fortunate enough not to have got very big, and not to have a lot of common late-pregnancy niggles. Apart from bad heartburn and feeling a bit heavier than usual, I am in very good health. Even my back is holding up well, praise God!

I'm also working on preparing some notes for SIM France. These will help French missionaries to raise their support. We had some excellent training last year at All Nations from Myles Wilson, whose book on support-raising, "Funding the Family Business" (see website) is available here and we would recommend it to anyone raising their own support. However, it is only available in English, which is an obstacle for some French missionaries and explains why SIM France want to put together their own notes in French.

No comments: