Tuesday 5 August 2008

10 things I love about you...

France:
  • Family
  • Friends
  • The bread
  • The cheese
  • Croissants, escargots (pains aux raisins lorrains), crêpes...
  • Tisane réglisse-menthe (mint and licorice infusion)
  • The countryside (especially the Pyrenées)
  • When it comes to shopping: Kiabi, Yves Rocher (and the fab free gifts), LaRedoute, 3 Suisses...
  • French: the language of lurve ;o)
  • The way people are so French!
England:
  • Family
  • Friends
  • The bread
  • The cheese
  • Marmite, crumpets, Bakewell tart, Bath buns...
  • A nice cuppa
  • The countryside (especially the Lake District)
  • Next Baby, Mothercare, JojoMamanBébé (English, honestly!), Argos...
  • English: my mother tongue (thanks, Mum!)
  • The way people are so English!

I could write a similar list for Benin, but I've never lived there for long, so I don't think I can compare it in the same way! But I believe God has prepared our place there just as He has always done for me whenever I've moved somewhere new.

No comments: