Saturday 16 February 2008

the n-word

Simon has a new word. I thought he was just repeating us, but a conversation this evening made me wonder...


Me: Simon, would you like some more courgette?


Simon (shaking head and arms from side to side): Nah!


Me: Have you tried the chicken?


Simon (still looking unenthusiastic): Nah!


Me (holding out a piece of chicken): Oh, well, would you like to?


Simon (looking at the chicken distainfully): Nah!


For anyone who is worried about his eating habits, I can reassure you that he had already eaten some courgette and lots of rice, and was persuaded to try the chicken before finishing off with plenty of grapes.


I had just hoped it would be a little longer before he learnt to say no ... I mean, couldn't he have focused instead on learning heart-warming phrases like "please", "thank you" or "I love you"?? ;o)


No comments: